I also made, yes MADE, the crocheted buttons, and you can too. Here's my pattern.
To create the pin tucked hem:
Before starting, add 1 inch to the lower edge for each pintuck you plan to add to your garment.1. Press a fold 2 1/2 inches from the unfinished edge toward the inside of the dress.
2. Press another fold 2 inches from the last fold for each additional pintuck you plan on adding. (I used three pintucks.)
3. Sew along each foldline a half inch from the folded edge.
4. Press raw edge 1/4 inch toward the inside of the dress, and then fold over again to hide the raw edges.
5. Sew bottom hem 1/8 inch from folded edge.
6. Press all pintucks toward the bottom of the dress.
(By the way, Butterick pattern #4054 is similar, but you would have to sew up the sides on the skirt and add an opening in the back. I suggest taking the back pattern pieces, folding them in half, and adding 5/8 inches to the back center (folded) line.)